Yes, this is pretty much just a sly way to scream and shout that it’s my birthday… but hey, someone out there has gotta be aware of it and pay for all the champagne! 😛
- The 1980s were the BEST decade ever. It’s unlikely to get any more awesome.
- The band Queen were/are amazing, no musicians will ever top them.
- Moshing as a teenager to fit in with a crowd of peers is far less fun when you’re not 100% committed to a life of headaches and stiff necks.
- You did well to party when you were younger, embrace life.
- Around 38.4% of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musicals are actually pretty shit.
- Tap water is minging. Always go for filtered or bottle, only ever use cups/glasses if they’ve been through a dishwasher as the art of washing up is being lost.
- A ridiculous number of hours spent idling on Twitter will actually prove useful – I met Max through it!
- Archers and lemonade becomes a treat years after the clubs abandon alcopops.
- Twin Peaks was crap the first time… and then they did an awful remake. Avoid.
- 20 years on, people will still quote scenes from Little Britain and think they’re being ‘original’.
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race changes EVERYTHING. It’s the ‘Beautiful People / Beautiful Thing’ of the 21st Century.
- Game of Thrones is best watched after the season finishes airing as the weekly/yearly gaps are unbearable and you’ll have no effing clue who is loyal to who.
- Life gets thrown at you and is completely about how you react to those things. Don’t make excuses, take chances, live it.
- Desperate Housewives is sacred, it’s the pinnacle of TV and will never be bettered. You will NEVER get over Mike Delfino or Mrs McClusky.
- The iPhone might seem great, but you’ll regret buying a phone in 2014 that you’re still stuck with years later as ideas at the mindless conglomerate stagnate.
- You get half way through a list and realise ‘fuck it’ – life’s too short… 😉