As at 21:40 on Monday 13th July, my blog page has had 100,000 views! Hurrah!
I know that to some people 100,000 views is small-fry, however I must say that I am very pleased that my various ramblings have garnered so many views!
A sincere thank you to all who have visited in the past, those who have left comments and shared their opinion, and those who continue to do so. Special thanks goes to those who subscribe to my RSS feed and continue to trawl through all of my wild and varied ravings heh. Hopefully the content that I blog and share is interesting to the majority of people who visit and that people are enjoying reading these random snapshots and thoughts that litter my life.
Those who know me will know that I am a total stats geek; so here are a few for you!
- I opened my blog on 8th February 2008
- 100,000 views over 521 days works out as an average of 192 views per day (the average is so low mainly due to it taking quite a while for the number of visits to my blog to take off). Currently I receive around twice this number daily, and the total views in the first 5 months of 2009 already has overtaken my total blog views for the whole of 2008.
- My busiest day was on Saturday, October 18th 2008
- My most visited blog posts ‘of all time’ are:
- Merlin / Robin Hood
- Skins Season 2 Finale
- The X-Factor doth commeth!
- Joanna Lumley: Northern Lights
- Hairspray – Timeless To Me
- Jeff Wayne’s Musical War Of The Worlds
As you’d expect; my top three posts are largely there due to the totty / image referrals, however the fourth-sixth place posts are all there on their own merit – hurrah! I sometimes post multiple blogs on similar topics (e.g. Spring Awakening) though, on this occasion, I’ve been lazy and not consolidated the figures on similar posts.
The pictures on the top 3 blog posts also lead the list of ‘links’ that people have clicked through to when browsing my blog.
I garnered the most blog link referrals from a tag that linked to my (pleasingly geeky) post on the Large Hadron Collider that CERN were running on 10th September 2008.
So there we go… some random and pointless statistics about my blog heh!
Here’s to the next 100,000 views… it seems weird that I have to do twice my current (and, to me, mammoth!) total number of views before I can get as excited about all this again heh. I liked getting excited at all of the smaller milestones, so now that those increments have increased, I guess that I will just have to challenge myself to blog even more and, hopefully, find yet more people who want to keep in regular touch with my ravings heh!
Thanks again for reading and participating folks! x