Last night, I made the decision not to go this year (despite getting rather excited about it in the last few weeks!). I just thought that I’d explain why I’m not going as quite a few folk have asked!
- Work – I am just about to start a ten day stretch at work with only 1 day off (due to month end, I’ve had to move them around) – therefore I am trying to take some ‘relax’ time wherever I can.
- Socially, the next 7 days are really busy, with something planned for every evening… the next time that I have a moment to myself is next Saturday. Put that together with all of the work stuff, and I’m going to be exhausted I reckon!
- I am going to the O2 Arena tonight to see Jeff Wayne’s War Of The Worlds – the Jubilee line is off, so that’s already going to be a mission, plus I’d have to go into work between 2pm and 6pm whilst I wait for Greg to finish work and get into town! (As I am working tomorrow, I really don’t want to spend my Saturday in the office!! heh).
- I really really really fancied a lie in this morning as I went to bed at 10pm last night (I was that tired!)
- It looks like it’s about to rain…
- Looking at the set-up of this year’s event, it looks very crowded in terms of where they’re putting people… the public space looks smaller than last year it seems…
- Perhaps the most logical reason for not going… I’ve already seen all of the shows featured! 😉
It is a pity, as I’d hoped to randomly bump into a few friends throughout the day, however in the context of the above, I decided that I’d much rather have a lie in and a restful day than trek into Central London and all the additional stresses that brings!
If anyone went, please do share your experience in the Comments box below, it’d be great to hear how it all went and what got folk excited etc… 🙂